ENTER TO WIN OUR 2017 HERP PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD
SWCHR is proud to announce the 2017 Hans F. Koenig Award for Excellence in Herpetological Photography is now accepting entries! Current members of SWCHR can enter for free. Non-members may enter upon receipt of a $10 entry fee payable via PayPal to email@example.com.
- Entrants may enter up to 3 photos.
- Photos must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation email will be sent when photos are successfully received.
- Each photo entered must include species name, county and state where the photo was taken, and the date the photo was taken. Preference is given to photos taken in 2017.
- Must be an animal occurring naturally in the six-state SWCHR region of interest (AZ, CA, NM, NV, TX, UT). While we support research on introduced species, the intent of this award is to showcase native species.
- Captive specimens may be used as subjects but must be photographed in a natural setting.
- Criteria for judging include the following:
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, Feb 16th.
- Winner will be announced no later than March 1st.
- Winner will receive $100 cash prize.
- Winner agrees to the use of their winning photo on the four 2018 issues of the SWCHR Bulletin emailed to members and university partners.