APPLY FOR OUR SUMMER RESEARCH GRANT
SWCHR is proud to announce it is now accepting applications for its 2018 Summer Research Grant! Current members of SWCHR may enter for free. Non-members may enter upon receipt of a $10 entry fee payable via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail applications to email@example.com.
This grant is intended for research on Southwestern US herpetofauna. This research could entail field work in one of the six states in the SWCHR region of interest (AZ, CA, NV, NM, TX, UT), or lab work performed elsewhere, using specimens obtained in those six states. For example, a study on Green Anole behavior in Florida, or DNA analysis using populations from Florida, would not be a viable candidate for this grant.
- Entrants may conduct independent research, request a grant on behalf of a Southwest-region herpetological society (e.g. for equipment related to field work by the society), or be affiliated with an accredited university. NOTE: preference will be given to research affiliated with an accredited university (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, etc.).
- Proposals must list species targeted in the research, or biomes/ habitats/communities being studied, as well as the nature of the study (taxonomy, cladistics, phylogeography, behavior, etc.).
- Proposals must be specific in how the SWCHR grant will be used—examples include but are not limited to: fees for land access, equipment/materials necessary for the research, travel/lodging cost offset, etc.
- Letter of support/recommendation by an appropriate person (e.g. faculty advisor, society officer, etc.) indicating the entrant has the required time, capability, and additional resources as necessary to conduct the proposed research.
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, March 30th.
- Winner will be announced no later than Friday, April 20th.
- Winner will receive $500 cash prize to be used only as stipulated in their proposal.
- Winner must agree to submit a short paper as a status update/synopsis of the research enabled by this grant.
- Winner must agree to include SWCHR as a sponsor in the acknowledgments of any presentations/papers resulting from the research, to include our logo where appropriate.